Let’s face it the only thing harder than finding the perfect pair of jeans is a swim suit you feel confident in. In my last swim suit edit I talked about my battle with body image and over coming my flaws by sharing my swim suits from last year’s trip to Bonaire. This year, with a new found attitude filled with self love, I decided to share my tips on how to choose a swim suit that makes you feel and look like a million bucks! If you’re struggling to find a swim suit that works for you here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- Your body type. This is important because you need to know what your body type is in order to better accentuate it.
- What you want to highlight. Style isn’t about hiding the parts of your body you don’t like, it’s about drawing attention to the parts that you love! Decide what it is you love and want to show off in your swim suit!
- Pay attention to colors and patterns. You can use colors and patterns to highlight or minimize parts of your body. Take advantage of bright colors or bold patterns to draw attention.
- The purpose of your swim suit. If you plan to do some serious swimming a bandeau top probably isn’t the best choice. Keep in mind the activities you plan to do and find a swim suit that works accordingly.
- Patience. Just like with anything you add to your closet, choosing a swim suit should be premeditated. It’s not something you want to buy last minute because odds are you’ll end up with a suit that does your body no justice.
The great thing about buying a swim suit this day in age is that the options are unlimited. Whether you’re plus size or a soon to be mommy there’s a swim suit out there for your needs! One last thing to keep in mind is that you want to spend your money on clothes that you feel amazing in, so don’t settle because you’re in a rush.
Comment below and tell me: Do you struggle to choose a swim suit that works for you?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small monetary incentive that is of no charge to you.ASOS Swim Suit (Similar here)
Shop my Swim Suit Picks:
See what else is going on with Lil Miss JB Style on: