If you haven’t noticed by now I am ALL about blank canvas outfits at the moment. Whether it’s a tee and jeans, the perfect jumpsuit or even a dress, these outfits are essential for everyone. Just like a jumpsuit, a simple shirt dress in a flattering silhouette and the right material can take you along way during the hot summer months. It takes a lot of stress out of getting ready because all you really need to do is find one that works for practically every occasion then style it for your needs. Some things to keep in mind when choosing your perfect tee shirt dress:
- Fit. As I always say, fit is important for any garment you bring into your wardrobe as you want it to not only look flattering but make you feel good as well.
- Length. Make sure you pick a dress in a length that is appropriate for work but can still be worn for a fun night out. The safest length is just above or below the knee depending on your preferences.
Once you’ve found the perfect dress don’t forget to add a little slice of you to the look! Some easy ways to add some personal touches to your catchall summer dress are:
- Add a statement necklace. This will help to draw attention upwards, which is especially helpful for those looking to distract from your midsection, as well as give an extra hint of glam.
- Grab a fun clutch or purse. People tend to reach for their same old black purse or tan tote, but an easy way to add some spice to your look is to choose a clutch that provides some personality.
- Coordinate your shoes. Instead of going for an extra pop of color or playful pattern, opt for a cool monochrome look by matching your dress to your shoes for something unexpected yet chic.
A catchall tee shirt dress is the perfect way to beat the heat and with the right accessories will have you looking cool and chic in no time! If you’re having a hard time figuring out what works for you, check out my services and schedule your consultation today! Otherwise make sure you see my other blank canvas looks here and here!
Comment below and tell me: What is your favorite dress silhouette for summer is?
Charming Charlie Glasses (similar here)|Kohl’s Necklace (similar here)|Marshall’s Dress (similar here)|Love Cortnie Clutch (similar here)|H&M Rings|Steve Madden Heels
If you liked this post share it with your friends and make sure you’re also supporting me on:
Shop the Look:
Links à la Mode, June 18
- A Glamorous Revelation: What We’re Watching – The Best of Summer Television
- A Handful of Stories: Dreaming of Amsterdam
- A la Modest: I Don’t ‘Prefer’ White People
- Attire Club: How to Wear a Floral Shirt
- Booksih & Belle: 30 x 30 Capsule Wardrobe Outfits
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Current Crushing – Summer Festival Vibes
- Curvy Girls are Chic: DIY Watson Bra Creation
- Fashion Blender: DIY London’s Men’s Fashion Week Street Style
- FashIlluminous: How to Take Your Look From Day to Night
- Kindly, Sheree: Tips on Getting that Internship
- Les Assorties’: Tete a Tete: An Interview with Natasha Marie Athanasiadou
- Lil Mis JB Style: How to Dress up a Shirt Dress
- Riva la Diva: DIY Kate Spade Stripey Dress
- Savoir Style: 6 Ways to Get On-Board the Fringe Trend
- That Paki Blog: An Interview with Pakistan’s First Men’s Fashion Instagram Star: Dappistan
- The Sugar Ribbon Blog: Sweet Summer Shoes We Love
- This Season’s Gold: Gladiator Sandals and Fringe
- What 2 Wear Where: Dressing for Summer Concerts
- What Pixies Wear: Resort 2016 Trend Report
- XO Style Stalker: Jurassic World Fashion | Dino from Head to Toe
SPONSOR: East Dane sale,Made Worn, Lolo bags, iphoria, Lorenzo Serafini, OP Jewellery, pink lace dresses, navy pumps, lux watches, mini, maxi, pencil skirts,Women’s vests
You are rockin’ that dress! Love how you’ve accessorised it x
Thanks Alicia! Also I wanted to thank you for always sharing my posts on Twitter I really appreciate it!
What a gorgeous yet simple outfit! I love the pop the clutch adds! Visiting from Tucker Up!
Thanks for stopping by! It’s definitely one of my favorite clutches, you should definitely check out her site for some really awesome bags http://www.lovecortnie.com!
I love this neutral look with the statement necklace. Everything is muted but the bag and it works so well. Gorgeous!
Thanks for linking up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday!
Thanks Vicky! I’m glad your link up came back and I look forward to joining next week.
Gorgeous!! This dress looks amazing on you XO!! Thank you so much for sharing with #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/05/linkupwithlisa-18-yellow-blazer.html
Thank you Lisa, as soon as I saw it in Marshall’s I knew I definitely had to get it! I’m glad I found your link up and look forward to more of your posts.
I love this easy fun look and pretty dress. I have been looking for a leopard clutch too, this one is lovely!!
Thanks for linking up with Turning Heads Tuesday
Thanks Jess, leopard print clutches are surprisingly hard to find, but http://www.lovecortnie.com has a few to chose from depending on how much you’d like to spend. Thank you for stopping by and sharing!
what a fantastic look, simple, classic and elegant. Please Come link up with a Labour of Fashion, I would love to have you link up
Hey Linda, just linked up with you today actually. Thank you for hosting and stopping by!
Love how the animal print pops against your neutral dress!
Thanks Kristin! This is my absolute favorite clutch from Love Corntie, you should check out her stuff at http://www.lovecortnie.com it’s pretty aweseome-sauce.
I love your outfit! It’s very chic.
Thank you Rachel, I appreciate you stopping by and sharing!
I love how clean, classic and easy this look is!