Have you ever heard the saying, “the taller the heels, the closer to heaven”? I’m convinced it was a man who uttered such a ridiculous statement. If you’re on the shorter side like me then you’re constantly asking yourself how to look taller without subjecting yourself to the torture of heels. Though a girl likes the slip on a cute pair of pumps every now and then, no one wants to have to live in them 24/7 just to appear average height. There is a better way, actually four better ways, that I’m going to share with you today. If you’re wondering how to look taller then follow these styling tips:
- Go monochrome. The easiest way to look taller is by rocking one color from head to toe, but since it’s summer skip the black and reach for nude tones for a chic alternative.
- Rock vertical stripes or patterns. Vertical patterns trick the eye to making you appear longer. Be careful that you don’t throw off your vertical proportions by wearing stripes on the longer part of your body.
- Try a high waist bottom. If you have a longer torso balance out your body by wearing high waist bottoms with matching shoes to make your legs look a mile long.
- Pay attention to your hemlines. Choose skirts that end in a flattering place for your body instead of cutting you down to size. Check out this article on determining your perfect dress or skirt length.
Now I want to hear from you, tell me how you style your clothes to appear taller?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small monetary incentive that is of no charge to you.
J. Crew Top|ASOS Jeans|Steve Madden Shoes|H&M Purse (Similar Purse)
See what else is going on with Lil Miss JB Style on:
Don't Miss a Look! Get Every Outfit Delivered Straight to your Inbox by Clicking the Button Below!
- Ask a Stylist Where to Shop for Budget Work Wear - […] High: How to Look Taller Without Relying on Heels […]
This outfit is everything! The high waisted jeans are so flattering. And those heels are to die for! I already have height on my side, but sometimes even I like to be taller. But then I go for the heels (plus they life my butt and make everything appear slimmer and more streamlined)! Great styling tips though for elongating the frame!
Thanks Shelbee, being short can be nice but I bet being tall has its advantages too. A great pair of heels is always flattering for the lower body. I’m glad you found my tips useful!
Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!
Thanks Dawn, can’t wait for the next one.