Happy New Year! I want to take a quick second to thank you. No matter if you’re new here or a long time reader I truly appreciate you stopping by and I hope this space is useful to you. And if by chance it’s not then I’d really love for you to reach out to me at email@example.com to let me know how I can make a better experience for you!
One thing I am all about is buying pieces that I’ll wear over and over again. Whether I style it the same way or a differently every time, versatility and getting the most bang for my buck is important to me. That means I’m really picky when it comes to adding new clothes to my closet. While I like to try fun new styles I also want quality pieces that will last. And one such piece has been faux fur coats. I swiped up my first one 3 years ago and have been obsessed with them since. If you’re looking for one to add to your closet or new ways to style one you already own, keep scrolling for some chic faux fur coat outfit ideas.
Cropped Faux Fur Coat Outfit Ideas
If you’re on the fence about faux fur then a coat with some faux fur trim is the place to start. I picked this one up from ASOS last year and it’s been a staple in my wardrobe. Being pear shaped the crop style shows off my figure which can definitely be a challenge in winter with all the bulky clothes. If you’re not sure how to style a piece like this, here are some outfit combos to try:
1. Cropped Coat + Turtleneck + Skinny Jeans+ Boots
2. Cropped Coat + Crewneck Sweater + High Waist Pants + Boots
3. Cropped Coat + Sweatshirt + Joggers + Sneakers
Beige Teddy Bear Coat Outfit Ideas
I instantly knew when I saw this coat at H&M 3 years ago that I would wear it with everything. To this day it’s still one of the first coats I reach for when it starts getting cold. The beige/tan color makes it perfect for both being neutral and a statement piece. It’s a great way to add interest to any look as you can see from the ways I’ve worn it. In case you need some outfit ideas try one of the following combos:
1. Teddy Coat + Jumpsuit + Sneakers
2. Teddy Coat + Turtleneck + Jeans + Ankle Boots
3. Teddy Coat + Suit in a Fun Color + Heels
4. Teddy Coat + Sweatshirt+ Wide Leg Jeans + Heeled Boots
5. Teddy Coat + Bodysuit + Leggings + Boots
Cream Teddy Bear Coat Outfit Ideas
I scored this cream BA&SH coat for under $100 almost 3 years ago. While white is a little harder to keep clean I honestly wear this coat just as much as my H&M one. When it comes to faux fur coats like this I usually size up because I plan to wear them with thicker clothes so I want room to move. Styling a teddy coat in this color is easy too. Personally I love creating more monochrome looks. I keep them from being boring by playing with textures like mixing ribbed knits with the teddy coat. Some outfit ideas include:
1. Faux Fur Coat + Knit Maxi Dress + Boots
2. Faux Fur Coat + Chunky Sweater + High Waist Pants + Ankle Boots
3. Faux Fur Coat + Faux Fur Jacket + Leather Pants + Boots
Black Faux Fur Coat Outfit Ideas
For an edgy yet stylish piece a black cropped faux fur jacket is the move. I scored this one from Zara 4 years ago making it my first faux fur coat. What I love is the elastic at the waist and wrists which make it fit in a flattering way. Also the color makes it easy to pair with many different things. Here’s a few outfit ideas to try:
1. Cropped Coat + Turtleneck + Leather Pants + Heeled Boots
2. Cropped Jacket + Turtleneck + Jumpsuit + Heeled Boots
3. Cropped Jacket + Long Sleeve + Satin Midi Skirt + Ankle Boots
4. Cropped Jacket + Turtleneck + Statement Pants + Ankle Boots
5. Cropped Jacket + Statement Coat + Turtleneck + Pants + Knee High Boots
Animal Print Faux Fur Coat Outfit Ideas
While prints can seem daunting, I find that choosing pieces in neutral colors makes them much easier to wear. I scored this leopard print faux fur coat from H&M for under $100 over a year ago. Whenever I want to make a statement with little effort I reach for this coat. It’s got an oversized fit so I usually wear it with more fitted pieces. Some of my favorite ways to wear this coat are:
1. Leopard Coat + Turtleneck + Trousers + Animal Print Heels
2. Leopard Print Coat + Turtleneck + Jeans + Ankle Boots
3. Leopard Print Coat + Turtleneck + Statement Pants + Heeled Boots
Colored Faux Fur Coat Outfit Ideas
Color might not seem worth investing in, which I totally get. My trick is to choose colors that work best with what I already own. I stick to classic colors that were also seasonal like dark red and blush pink. These colors look great with my skin tone and work for a variety of occasions. They also work to brighten up my look for winter. Some ways to wear colored faux fur coats are:
1. Colored Fur Coat + Patterned Maxi Dress + Ankle Boots
2. Colored Fur Coat + Jumpsuit + Heels
3. Colored Fur Coat + Turtleneck + Wide Leg Pants + Ankle Boots
As you can see there’s so many different ways to wear faux fur coats making them extremely versatile. Hopefully this gave you some inspiration for new ways to style your coat or if you’ve been on the fence about adding one to your wardrobe I hope this shows you that your money won’t go to waste!
Shop my Faux Fur Coat Picks
Before you check out my previous post I’d love if you’d to tell me in the comments below if you own a faux fur coat or not and if so what’s your fave way to wear it?
Don't Miss a Look! Get Every Outfit Delivered Straight to your Inbox by Clicking the Button Below!