Stay MIAMI BEACH: Kimpton Angler’s Hotel
Every year my job shuts down for the week of July 4th. I use this time to explore sometimes I stick around Detroit and other times I choose to discover someplace new. Either way it’s I like to use it as an opportunity to realign myself with my goals. Usually my mom will join me since she has the week off too but she really wanted to spend time with her new grandson so I decided this would be the perfect time to finally take a solo vacation.
In my research on the best places in the US to travel alone as a woman Miami Beach popped up on quite a few lists. I’d visited Miami a few times before and with flights being crazy inexpensive compared to some of the other places I figured it’d be the perfect first solo-cation destination. Staying in a bigger city I felt like a hotel would offer the best deals. When it comes to finding a great hotel I typically rely on booking.com and they had a ton of great options! The pictures of the Kimpton Angler’s Hotel’s chic tribal interior as well as it’s location, just two blocks from Ocean Drive in South Beach, really sealed the deal for me and it did not disappoint! So if you’re wondering where to stay the next time you head to Miami Beach, especially if you’re traveling alone, then keep reading for a look at the king suite in the Angler’s Hotel.
Inside the Balcony King Suite
One of the perks of traveling alone is getting exactly what you want. And I got everything I hoped for with the King Suite. Unlike my stay at the Siren Hotel, the king suite room matched the photos perfectly. The design is beautiful, each detail chosen with care from the light fixtures to the furniture and laid out to be incredibly spacious. Along with a closet and a chic work desk the room also has an amazing balcony with a view of Miami. There is also a mini fridge which was perfect for storing my left over desserts so I could snack on them later! The bathroom comes with a standup shower that easily could fit two. If I’m honest though I really wish it had a bathtub because there’s nothing like taking a long soak after being in the sun all day. To my surprise the king suite also has an umbrella, yoga mat, beach towels and even tote bag to carry things in when you want to venture to the beach! The staff is also just a text away so if there was anything I needed it was easy to reach them. I stayed from Sunday July 4th through Wednesday July 9th with a total cost of $989 which included the resort fee of $30 per night and taxes. Through booking.com there is an option to get whichever king suite is available upon arrival which could save you a little more money but then you might not get a room with a balcony.
Amenities at the Angler’s Hotel
Beyond the amazingly furnished rooms, the Angler’s Hotel also has some great amenities including:
- Rooftop Pool-if you want to skip the crowds you can soak up the sun at the Angler’s rooftop pool. Not only are there chairs and lounge beds but also some music to help set the vibes! The pool is usually open by 8AM which is the perfect time to head up and take pics without a crowd.
- Minnow Bar-open every day starting at noon their tribal decor gave me all the life and the drinks were absolutely delicious! There’s even an outdoor space you can lounge in that has giant Jenga.
- Seawell Fish N’ Oyster-this is the perfect place to grab a quick latte for the day or enjoy any meal. Just a warning they aren’t open for dinner on Sunday or Monday so plan accordingly.
- Complimentary Spa Water & Coffee-one small perk is they had refreshing water with fruits and herbs almost all day in the lobby and by the pool. They also offer complimentary coffee in the mornings starting at 8AM.
- Bikes-on the days you don’t feel like walking, waiting on the trolley or paying for an Uber/Lyft the hotel offers bikes so you can go to the some of the further attractions with ease and for free so there’s no need to rent a Citi-bike.
Angler’s is in an amazing location that’s walking distance to the beach and from a lot of major tourist attractions in Miami Beach. If you enjoy walking like I do the Lincoln mall is less than a mile walk. There’s quite a few restaurants close by like Prana coffee that serves a delicious egg sandwich and fresh coconut juice, Bacon Bitch which literally had a line all day and Havana 1957 with classic Cuban food and huge drinks! There’s also a bus/trolley stop one literally one block up on the corner of 6th and Collins Ave across from Zara so you can easily catch the 150 bus to and from the airport as well as hop on the free trolley to get around Miami Beach. It was also a couple blocks from a 24 hour CVS in case you forgot any last minute things. It really is by everything you need to enjoy your vacay!
I never mind spending a little extra money on a nice place to stay while on vacation because I need some place comfortable to lay my head down after a long day of exploring. And I’m glad to say the Angler’s Hotel really is worth every penny! The decor, amenities and location really made it worth the price in my opinion. If you plan head to Miami Beach anytime soon I totally recommend this hotel. Keep an eye out for my Miami Beach intinerary for the solo woman which will share fun unique experiences and amazing places to treat yourself to delicious food! I’ll also be sharing all my Miami outfits to give you an idea of what to wear so if there was a look in this post you like you’ll be able to shop it.
Don't Miss a Look! Get Every Outfit Delivered Straight to your Inbox by Clicking the Button Below!